Looking For MBA Courses..?
Want to make your career in business management? If your answer is yes, why don’t you join distance education MBA/ PGDM which is considered the most demanding postgraduate degree program in India? You know what; the counting of MBA passed students is rapidly increasing year by year as it’s having a high demand in most of the streams. So, what are you looking for? Just join distance MBA program without losing your job to build a brightening career.
Introduction to Distance Education MBA
The MBA (Masters of Business Administration) course is rapidly growing among the youngsters & professionals as having its high demand in various big and small MNCs and startups. However, this demanded course has certain limitations and challenges that make it difficult for aspiring candidates to pursue a full-time MBA degree course. As a result of which many reputed colleges have come up with a solution by offering distance learning MBA program option which helps such candidates to complete MBA/PGDM in parallel to work, so as to support themselves and study simultaneously.
Below is a curated list of the best universities in India that offer a distance education MBA or PGDM course recognized by UGC & DEB.
Top 10 Distance Education Universities in India for MBA/PGDM
Annamalai University is one of the most popular universities in India especially southern India. All the programmes of study being offered by the Annamalai University Directorate of Distance Education have the approval of the Distance Education Council, New Delhi.
The ‘Management Wing’ of Annamalai University offers the following MBA & PGD courses:
1) Master of Business Administration Programmes
M.B.A.(T.M & E.M)
M.B.A. E-Business (E.M)
M.B.A. International Business (E.M)
M.B.A. (Human Resource Management) (E.M)
M.B.A. (Marketing Management) (E.M)
M.B.A. (Financial Management)(E.M)
M.B.A. (Information System)(E.M)
M.B.A. (Hospital Management)(E.M)
2) PG Diploma Programmes
Post Graduate Diploma in Business Administration
Post Graduate Diploma in Personnel Management & Industrial Relations
- Post Graduate Diploma in Marketing Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Financial Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Tourism Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Advertising
- Post Graduate Diploma in Public Relations
Post Graduate Diploma in Software Marketing
Post Graduate Diploma in Foreign Trade
Post Graduate Diploma in Entrepreneurship
- Post Graduate Diploma in Banking & Insurance
- Post Graduate Diploma in Finance & Taxation
- Post Graduate Diploma in Advertising & Salesmanship
- Post Graduate Diploma in International Business
- Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Retailing
- Post Graduate Diploma in Co-operative Management. (T.M & E.M)
- P.G. Diploma in Hospital Management (E.M.)
Why Annamalai University ?
☀ Accredited with ‘A’ Grade by NAAC
☀ Annamalai University is recognized By University Grants Commission (UGC)
☀ Recognition of Diploma in Labour Laws with Administrative Law
Another name in the list of prestigious business schools providing MBA in distance is ICFAI Business School in Hyderabad. This institution is known to offer the best MBA specializations and have a good track record of placements. You can also get other facilities there for higher and good education.
ICFAI University offers it’s students two different types of MBA programs as stated below:
1) Master of Business Administration (MBA) in the following electives:
IT & Systems
2) MBA ( Sr. Executives) Program: This 2 Years duration program is designed for graduates with 50% aggregate marks and medium of study in English. Six years of post qualification experience in functional areas of corporate organizations is mandatory to be eligible for this program.
Why ICFAI University ?
☀ The ICFAI University Tripura has been listed by the UGC, under Section 2(f) of the UGC Act, 1956
☀ The Distance Educational Council (DEC) has approved the ICFAI University, Tripura to launch programs through distance education mode.
☀ Distance Education Bureau, A Bureau of University Grants Commission (UGC) has renewed the approval of programs for ICFAI University
Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS)
In 1981, Shri Vile Parle Kelavani Mandal (SVKM) established Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS) to meet the growing demand for management education. In 2003, NMIMS was declared a deemed-to-be university under section 3 of the UGC Act 1956.
NMIMS offers PG Diploma, Diploma, Certificate & Executive in management via it’s NMIMS Global Access School for Continuing Education (NGA -SCE) under distance education mode.
All the courses offered by NMIMS are approved by UGC-DEB (University Grant Commission-Distance Education Bureau).
NMIMS Distance Education PGDM (MBA) is one of the best-ranked program in management across India. Currently NMIMS offers the following 2 years PG diploma courses under distance education mode.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Business Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Banking and Finance Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in International Trade Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Marketing Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Supply Chain Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Retail Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Information Technology and Systems Management
Why NMIMS ?
☀ NMIMS was RANKED 2nd among TOP 10 B-SCHOOLS offering Distance Education – ZEE BUSINESS.
☀ Top Distance Learning Institute in India for excellence in management education – COMPETITION SUCCESS REVIEW.
☀ Ranked 5th in Top Distance Learning Institute in India – DNA- INDUS LEARNING SURVEY.
Himalayan University is a name tagged to enhance the strength of Indian higher education while offering the quality education in almost every theme of major disciplines. Himalayan University being as a top ranking university in India commits to bringing the student with bright future. The university also conducts counseling session under the operation head where they analyze the interest of the students as per their past education and experience and then offer the best-suited career programs.
Himalayan University offers two different MBA program in various specializations as mentioned below:
1) Masters of Business Administration (MBA) :
- Advertising Management
- Agricultural Management
- Banking & Finance
- Business & HR
- Business & Marketing
- Business Process Outsourcing
- Dairy Management
- Entrepreneurship Development
- Global Finance
- Hospital Management
- Human Resource
- Information Technology
- Insurance & Risk Management
- International Business
- Operations Management
- Pharmaceutical Management
- Production Management
- Project Management
- Retail Management
- Risk Management
- Rural Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Technology Management
2) Master of Business Administration – Executive (MBA – E) : The MBA – E program is a 1 Year duration course meant for graduates having 3 years of minimum work experience.
Why Himalayan University ?
☀ Himalayan University is recognized By University Grants Commission (UGC).
☀ The university is a Member of Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
☀ Himalayan University won the recognition of being “One Among Top Five Best Private Universities in East and North-East India” from DIALOGUE INDIA in Delhi, during its 6th Academia Awards ceremony.
Sikkim Manipal University (SMU-DE)
Sikkim Manipal University-Distance Education (SMU-DE) was set up in 2001 to provide professional distance learning programs. The courses being offered are in management and information technology streams.
This distance education university has become very popular among the top distance education universities in India. They have a well-structured course which covers all the aspects of MBA. Also, they have helped many candidates to pursue their career in MBA.
SMUDE provides MBA in four different specializations as stated below:
Why SMU-DE ?
☀ SMU-DE has been ranked No.1 Distance Learning University by ASSOCHAM, Careers360 and Silicon India.
☀ SMU-DE earning platforms won the Silver Award in Digital Learning Transformation Category at the prestigious 2018 Learning Award Ceremony.
☀ There are over 5 lakh alumni from diverse industry backgrounds
Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU)
The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU), established by an Act of Parliament in 1985, has continuously striven to build an inclusive knowledge society through inclusive education. It has tried to increase the Gross Enrollment Ratio (GER) by offering high-quality teaching through the Open and Distance Learning (ODL) mode.
The IGNOU Management Programme is one of the leading Management Programmes in the world and imparts quality flexible education at the doorstep of the learners. It also offers MBA programmes to various African countries, as part of Pan-African e-network Project.
There are 2 management programs being offered by IGNOU:
Why IGNOU ?
☀ Individualised Study Flexibility in Terms of Place, Pace & Duration
☀ Cost Effective Programmes
☀ Programmes Based on Students Need Analysis
Amity University is known to be one of the top colleges for management courses & now it has opened its gate for distance learning students as well. It has carved a niche in offering the best education to both regular as well as distance learning candidates and has given them equal opportunities.
Amity University Online (AUO) is the only internationally accredited online university with 40,000+ international students. Amity Online degrees are the most preferred online degree by employers and recruiters globally.
The two-year (4 semesters) online degree program gives an opportunity to work and learn whenever and from wherever without uprooting learners’ life or putting their career on hold. Students can choose to specialize in any of the following 14 areas of their interest:
Entrepreneurship & Leadership
Finance and Accounting
Human Resource Management
Marketing and Sales
Petroleum & Natural Gas Management
Hospital & Health Care Management
Global Financial Market
Why Amity University Online ( AUO) ?
☀ Amity University Online (AUO) is the only internationally accredited online university with 40,000+ international students.
☀ 24*7 academic & technical student support.
☀ The programs are specially designed for working professionals offering them seamless LMS based online education experience “anytime anywhere”.
Symbiosis Center For Distance Learning (SCDL)
Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning (SCDL) is one of the largest autonomous distance learning education institute in India.
Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning (SCDL) has, since its inception in 2001, made rapid strides in providing quality education to many students – making it one of the few large and most sought after distance learning institutes of India.
The management programs being offered by Symbiosis Center for Distance Learning are as follows:
Why Symbiosis center For Distance Learning ?
☀ SCDL is an ISO Certified institution since last 6 years.
☀ Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning has been ranked 1st amongst the top Distance Learning Institutes for student learning experience by Careers 360 Rating 2012.
☀ Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning has been ranked 3rd amongst the Top Distance Learning Institutes – by Competition Success Review.
Jaipur National University
The School of Distance Education and Learning (SODEL) of Jaipur National University was established in the year 2008-2009. In Sept 2009 the University got approval from DEC and the Joint Committee of AICTE-UGC-DEC accorded its approval to start various programs of studies at undergraduate and post-graduate level.
The management programs being offered by Jaipur National University are as follows:
Banking & Finance
Human Resource Management
Infrastructure & Construction Management
Network Infrastructure Management
Risk and Insurance Management
Supply Chain Management
Why Jaipur National University
☀ By Govt. of Rajasthan, Approved by UGC under Section 2(f)
☀ In Sept, 2009 the School of Distance Education and Learning (SODEL) of Jaipur National University got approval from DEC.
☀ The Joint Committee of AICTE-UGC-DEC has accorded its approval to run various programs of studies at post graduate level via distance learning.
Institute of Management Technology (Ghaziabad)
This institute has been a constant pioneer in providing quality distance education programs. It has helped many students for completing their MBA and build their career in management programs. If you want to get an admission here for distance MBA then make sure to follow their official website.
The management programs being offered by IMT are as follows:
Why IMT Ghaziabad?
☀ National Education Awards 2017 – IMT Centre for Distance Learning, Ghaziabad has been accorded with “Award for Excellence in Distance Learning” at National Education Awards 2017 Ceremony
☀ Top Distance Learning Institute of India IMT, Centre for Distance Learning, Ghaziabad has been conferred with “CSR Top Distance Learning Institute of India Award” for the year 2017 by India’s Leading English Publication, Competition Success Review.
☀ Education Leadership Award : Institute of Management Technology, Centre for Distance Learning, Ghaziabad has been accorded with “AWARD FOR EXCELLENCE IN DISTANCE LEARNING” at Education Leadership Awards presented by BBC Knowledge.
- Why Distance Education?
- Why Opt For MBA?
- Eligibility criteria for MBA
- Career options after MBA
- Tips For Admission
Why Distance Education?
Distance education comes as the best solution for those who want to study but cannot go to college on a regular basis. There can be various reasons for this but instead of focusing on the problem;
Why Opt For MBA?
It is true that there are various other post-graduation courses but you should be
As the world is changing at a faster rate with the advancement of technology, you should assure yourself towards MBA distance learning courses for getting better opportunities in future. So, make sure to get counseled by one of our experienced counselors to go through with our offered services related to distance education.
Eligibility criteria for MBA
Anyone who has completed their graduation or Bachelor’s degree in any principal which is a three years degree course is eligible for MBA. However, a person who has done BBA is more likely to do MBA and get a job related to the same. There are many colleges in India from where students are passing out and appearing for MBA. There is no age limit for appearing for MBA distance and if you fulfil the criteria then you can appear for MBA. After the completion of your Bachelor’s degree, you can also take up a job and then you can apply for MBA with a job experience which holds importance in the interview.
Career options after MBA
There are numerous career options after MBA and you can have a standard lifestyle if you are able to land a job in a high profile organization right after MBA. You can also look forward to
There are numerous others ways to make a recognizable career post MBA which you should know.
Ways to build a recognizable career post MBA
1. Marketing: For those who are interested in making a career in marketing then they should go for MBA. After MBA there are numerous career options in MBA and you just have to brush up your marketing skills while pursuing MBA. Brand management is one example of a marketing job
innovative branding strategies, enhance your advertisement and campaigning skills and you are ready to fly high.
2. Finance: The world of finance is the right place for you if you are a numbers person. Once you are out from any of the reputed MBA colleges in India, you can get a nice job with
3. Human Resources (HR): HR management or Human Resource management is a key discipline in MBA and most of the candidates want to pursue a career in the same. Some of the best distance MBA colleges in India offer this discipline to students and many students after coming out from colleges opt for this discipline. This is also very suitable for girls as they are the most demanded in the sector.
4. Management: Coming to the most important discipline or career
5. Project Manager: This is a very interesting job for those always wanted to lead a team. If you are the one who always wanted to take up projects and accomplish new challenges then post MBA becoming a project manager is perfect for you and for that you should have certain experience in the related fields. You can also look for different ways to enhance your management skills and land a better career
Tips to Get Admission in One of the Above Distance MBA Universities
Since MBA involves a lot of finance and hard work, it is very important to go through the admission procedure properly so that you can get admission in any of the MBA colleges in India right after coming out from any of the UG colleges in India. Below are 5 proven MBA admission tips for you which will help you get admission in a reputed distance MBA college:
1. Do some research about the
2. Research in particular about your dream business school because you want to get admission in that school and for that you have to prepare accordingly. The more you know about your dream school the more you will be close to get admission into it.
3. Getting your GRE or GMAT done is a way through which you can do distance MBA in any of the above Universities anywhere in India. You can also look for other tests that will help you get admission in an MBA college. So, never take any test lightly and prepare well for the same. If possible, take various others tests that can help you get admission in some of the reputed MBA colleges in India such as CAT, MAT, XAT and many more.
4. Do not miss the deadlines. Every MBA college has a deadline within which you have to submit your application and for that you need to keep a track of all the deadlines and should not miss them anyhow. If you miss a deadline you miss a college, an option and you are left with lesser options which is not a good thing.
5. Try to frame an interesting resume and not something that is so typical. Try to make yourself stand out so that you can have the maximum chances of getting admission in an MBA college. If possible do something innovative yet formal so that your resume is something different and can impress your interviewers.